Fund for active citizenship – fAKT in partnership with Rockefeller Brothers Fund announces Open call for selection of Green business ideas, with the aim to encourage individuals, households, small businesses and CSOs to develop innovative entrepreneurial ideas based on the principals of sustainable development.
The deadline for submission of projects/ideas is the May 19th 2014 until 16pm.
The goal is to recognize and to support ideas with the greatest potential to achieve significant impact in a certain local community, in all aspects of sustainable development, meeting the following criteria:
- The project/idea is still in its early stages of development.
- The project/idea has an annual turnover of less than 10,000 euros.
- The project/idea relies primarily upon local resources including employing local people and utilizing traditional skills.
- It has a vision or action plan for environmentally sustainability.
- It has a plan for economic viability and/or incremental growth.
- The idea/project has assessed the local market and is aware of its competitors and comparative advantages.
- The idea/plan supports the revitalization of traditional local economies and the connection of people to their communities.
- The idea is innovative and unique compared to other businesses and projects in the community.
- The project or idea has not received grants, donations, or any type of monetary support from local or central governments, foundations, private donors, or international development agencies.
Eligible to participate in this call are registered citizens of Montenegro, households, small businesses or CSO registered in Montenegro.
Philanthropy for Green Ideas is an annual competition to support the development of small, local sustainable business ideas in Montenegro, Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Serbia.Three best graded ideas will participate in a Regional Forum ”Philanthropy for Green ideas in Western Balkan” which Rockefeller Brothers Fund organizes in Albania (Logara) from 24 to 27 July 2014. The Forum will host these 5 countries from the region, with presentation of 15 Green ideas. Three best Green ideas will be awarded with $10.000, each.
Forms for download (in Montenegrin):