Fund for active citizenship – fAKT in partnership with Rockefeller Brothers Fund announces Open call for selection of Green business ideas, with the aim to encourage individuals, households, small businesses and CSOs to develop innovative entrepreneurial ideas based on the principals of sustainable development.
The deadline for submission of projects/ideas is the June 14th 2013 until 16pm.
The goal is to recognize and to support ideas with the greatest potential to achieve significant impact in a certain local community, in all aspects of sustainable development, meeting the following criteria:
- It is an idea in its embryonic phase or just started.
- It is less than two year old and their annual turnover is less than 10,000 EUR.
- It is entirely based on local resources.
- It has a detail plan or idea about being environmentally friendly.
- It employs local people and their traditional skills.
- It has a plan or an idea about incremental growth.
- The presenter will have to show that possesses information/ has done assessment of the local market and demand is there, plus he/she is aware of competitors and presents comparative advantages of the idea/project.
- It will support revitalization of traditional local economies and connection of the people to their community.
- It is unique and it does not have monetary support from local, central government or developmental international agencies.
Three best graded ideas will participate in a Regional Forum ”Philanthropy for Green ideas in Western Balkan” which Rockefeller Brothers Fund organizes in Macedonia (Mavrovo) from 26 to 29 July 2013. The Forum will host 5 countries from the region, with presentation of 15 Green ideas. Three best Green ideas will be awarded with $10.000, each.
Forms for download (in Montenegrin)